Monday, May 24, 2010

Does anyone know the title and artist of this old drinking C&W song lyrics: I thought I was walking fine till?

This song was playing in the seventies or eighties. It is an old C%26amp;W song about drinking with these lyrics: "I thought I was walking fine until someone stepped on my hand." Cannot find it on any of the lyric search sites.

Does anyone know the title and artist of this old drinking C%26amp;W song lyrics: I thought I was walking fine till?
...this may not be it but it was the closest thing that I could find...





Artist: BEN COLDER


Album: BIG BEN STRIKES AGAIN


MGM SE-4421, November/1966


Title: ALMOST PERSUADED NO. 2


(Billy Sherrill - Glenn Sutton - Sheb Wooley)


« © '66 Al Gallico Music, BMI »


===============================


Lyrics


===============================


Last night I stumbled in to a barroom


I met a girl with a pint in her purse


She was cute as two speckled puppies


And I said Ben you could do worse





Then I walked across a room full of tables


Walked across her table too


And I flopped myself down in a chair


And said hi there


She whispered my name is Mabel


And all I could say was hi there





I said permit me to introduce myself Ben Colder here


She said it ain't been no colder here than anyplace else





I had her almost persuaded


What happened to the do del do del do... piano... thank you


To slip strip herself of her pride


Almost persuaded to slip me a drink on the side





Then we danced and we danced and we danced and we danced


That is I thought I was dancin' somebody stepped on my hand


Then I looked in her eyes and I saw it


The reflection of my wedding band





And I thought that sure is strange I ain't even married


What it was it was my wrist watch





I had her almost persuaded


Once more there Hargus


To come and be my own


Smart alec


(Almost persuaded)


Then her boyfriend came and made me go home


**********


No comments:

Post a Comment